Kenya's expanded new government will spend 80 per cent of the entire national budget on luxury vehicles, inflated salaries for ministers and general running costs, a local anti-corruption group claimed on Wednesday.Clearly there is only one comparison to be made:
And I thought our set of bastards were bad. Still, this has a familiar ring:Yes, if there's one thing a professional kleptocracy should remind us of, it's a government that has:"It appears as if the government has ceased to have a development function and exists only to tax Kenyans and spend their money on recurring costs," said Mwalimu Mati, the director of the Mars Group, an anti-corruption body.Join the club, mate.
- doubled funding for school pupils
- employed 85,000 more nurses and 36,000 more teachers
- opened 2,200 Sure Start centres
- lifted 600,000 children out of poverty
- not stolen 80% of the total budget