- £20/week for staying married
- Free maternity nurse/cook/mother's little helper for all new parents
- Shared maternity/paternity leave for greater flexibility
1) Are families really that important?
2) Are my ("comfortably well-off" upper middle-class) problems really the major concerns for most families?
Fans of cognitive biases will of course recognise a blend of the availability heuristic, framing, and anchoring. In other words, he's a small-minded narcissist who looks at major social and political questions through his own narrow and skewed worldview, and doesn't even realise he's doing it.
In his words "I'm asking people a very big thing, which is to elect me as their prime minister. And I think people have a right to know a bit more about you, your life and your family, what makes you tick, and what informs your thinking."
Well, now we know. Thanks Dave.